Tuesday, September 27, 2011

C4K Post 1

coloring book picture of children

1.

The first student I was assigned was a girl named Chelsea who is a year 7 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. She is also in room 21. Here's a link to her blog: Chelsea. I commented on her post about Silly Sports Day. Which was basically like any other field day, with sponge races and other games. I thought it was really neet that her school had a tea time in the morning. Anyway, sounds like she had a lot of fun.

This is my comment: "Hey Chelsea! My name is Taylor and I'm a student at the University of South Alabama. I'm studying to be a teacher. It's great to see that you have a blog and are learning how to use this form of communication! I'm glad you had so much fun on silly sports day. When I was a kid we had something similar that we called field day, because we spent the day on the field and did all kinds of games like the ones you played. I thought it was really cool that you have tea time in school. That's not something we do in America, but it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! Well, I hope you have a great school year and learn as much as you can!"

2.

The second student I was assigned was only identified as an2011.  I'm know it is best to have identifiable young children out on the internet.  But it sounds like an2011 has a good life.  Her post was titled "about me" and it was very colorful.  Every six words or so she changed the color from one bring neon color to the next.  She talks about spending time with her family, doing flips on rollerskates, and going boogie boarding and surfing.  There wasn't much I could comment about other than to encourage her and tell her that I'm happy that she has such a good life.

Here's my comment: "Hi! I'm a university student at the University of South Alabama.  I like how colorful your blog post is!  It sounds like you have a very fun life and enjoy doing a lot of fun activities.  It is very impressive how you can do flips on rollerskates.  I would never try that. I live by the water too and I love to boogie board and surf.  I'm glad you have a good home life and a happy family!"

3.


The third C4K blog that was assigned to me was "Letters to Lucy" a slideshow on Mr. Capps' blog for his class.  Mrs. Lucy Buffet generously donated ipads to the students at this school.  The slideshow is thank you notes written for the children to Mrs. Lucy for her generous donation.  They are all really touching and it was a very generous thing for Mrs. Lucy to have done that. I was assigned Vatzana.  Her thank you note thanked Mrs. Lucy for the field trips she has provided for and the new electronics.

My comment: Vatzana, Hi! My name is Taylor and I am also in EDM310 at USA.  You did a great job with your thank you note to Mrs. Lucy! She sure did a very sweet thing for you guys.  I know you are going to learn a lot on the field trips you love so much.  I also know you are going to learn a lot using all that new technology.  Be sure to take advantage of these opportunities to learn!

Here's a link to the Letters to Lucy.

4.


The last student I was assigned was Brooke. She is a 7th grade student from Ontario, Canada.  She talked about how she was new to blogging. Then she listed a few of her favorite things, which included chocolate milk, pasta, and basketball.  Not so good it you mis them together, but all great things separately.  Unfortunately this didn't give me much to comment on, so I just left her some encouraging words.

My comment: Hi Brooke, I am a university student from the University of South Alabama in the United States.  Great post about you! Keep up the good work!  Learning to blog is a great skill to learn.  It will help you a lot in the future.  Not only in your personal life but it can help you out professionally as well.  Hope you have a great year!

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Do you think the blogs benefit the students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacey-Blaire, I really do think the blogs benefit the students. It offers them a way to express themselves and be creative while learning new skills and information. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete