Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T post 3

For this month's C4T assignment I have been given Kathy Cassidy's blog "Primary Preoccupation."  The first post I commented on is titled "Cultivating Connections the Primary Way."  In this post Mrs. Cassidy talks about using Skype and other blogging tools in her first grad classroom.  She says that these mediums of communication really excited and engage the children.  She goes on to say that getting feedback from different people around the world and around the country lends it's self to learning more because it sparks the children's curiosity.  It is a really great post and I am sure that I will use these tools in my classroom, but probably in a different way because I am going to be teaching secondary education.

My comment: "This is a great post!  I am currently enrolled in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  This is exactly what we are learning about.  Using these forms of communication to spark excitement and creativity in our future students.  Thanks for giving examples and letting me see it in action."


The second post I commented on from Mrs. Cassidy's blog was titled "Students Posting Online: How Do You Do That?"  In this blog post Mrs. Cassidy talks about getting parents permission to have their young children posting things on the internet.  She goes through and explains exactly what it is they do, how the children are protected, and then executing the plan.  It turns out that it is a very safe process and she has a very thought out system in place.  Go read this blog! It is really good, especially if you are an elementary education major.  She's got a lot of good advice!

My Comment: "Hi, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I really found your blog very helpful.  It is concerning having young children on the interent.  Your post really showed me how to execute a program that would allow me to do that.  I really enjoy reading what you have to say. Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment