Saturday, October 15, 2011

Project 10 - PLN

PLN people holding puzzle pieces


Let's start by defining what is a PLN.  A PLN is an acronym for Personal Learning Network. It is the tools you use for help, reference, collaboration, inspiration, and other assistance.  We have been encouraged to develop a strong PLN in EDM310 and have been provided a number of opportunities to develop a strong PLN.  One of the biggest tools that I am currently using is Twitter. When I first started using twitter I just used it for personal reasons and never thought it would ever benefit me in my professional life.  Man was I wrong about that one.  There are so many ways people use twitter in the education community.  I also be sure to look for and follow all of the assigned teachers for our C4T projects.  I currently am not using Symabloo or any other site to have my PLN on one page.  Like I said I use twitter and any of the blogs that I want to follow I follow on Blogger or save them in Google Chrome as a favorite and they are all listed on my home screen.  I would say that my PLN is still a work in progress.  But, then again, it probably always will be there will never be a time when I will want to cease learning and growing.  An expanding PLN is and always will be part of that process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment