Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4K post 3

clipart kids


For my first C4K of this month I was assigned to comment on Mr. McClung's class blog.  The post I was assigned was one from 10/17 and it had to do with "The Divine Right of Kings." In the post Mr. McClung talks exactly about what the title suggests.  He provides a quote from King James IV of Britain, from 1609.  Where King James talks about how the kings should be viewed as gods because God himself views them as gods.  Looking through some of the other posts from this blog I wish I could have been assigned another like the one about Ben Folds, I love his music, or "The Onion," one of my favorite websites and also one of America's finest news sources.  I was confused a little because it appears that Mr. McClung himself was the author, but I left a comment anyway.


My Comment: "Hi, I am also a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I am planning on being an English teacher, and when teaching pieces from this time it will be important to show how kings were viewed by their citizens. Thanks."




In the second post for this month we were assigned different posts in Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog.  I was assigned to comment on a post that was first posted back in October.  This post was about the students in her class Skyping with some other students all the way across he manifest of the United States in Connecticut.  In the skype session the students from Mrs. Yollis' class presented the students in Connecticut with facts about California then in turn received facts about Connecticut from the students.  They also shared many other things like favorite recess games, classroom mascots, and other traditions that the classes participate in.  It looks like they had a lot of fun!


My Comment: "Mrs. Yollis, I'm a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama.  I really enjoyed reading this post.  It looks like the students in both classrooms  had a great time.  I love your blog.  It has really taught me a lot about using blogging as a tool in my future classroom.  This was a great activity that makes learning fun.  Thanks!" 


In the last C4K this month I was assigned Sarona who is a student at the Pt England School in Auckland, NZ.  She is in room 14 and her latest post was about an assembly she attended at school. The assembly was about space.  Apparently the teachers in the school had broken up into teams and presented different things about space to the students. Groups presented movies, dance numbers, and other fun facts about space.  It sounds like she had a great time.  


My Comment: "Hi Sarona.  It sounds like you had a lot of fun in the assembly.  Space is really fun to learn about.  You did a good job writing this post.  Keep up the good work!  Have a great week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment